View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 12:58 AM   #7
scc

Default Re: Size of Planet Yrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
While not impossible, exploring wider Yrth wouldn't be exactly easy for Infinity, as conveyers are on a one way trip in, with no exit except via magical means. Add the likes of the Ministry of Serendipity hunting and stamping on out-time technology to the mix, and logistics get even worse.
I'd assume that this is a solved problem by the time that the Infinite Worlds book is written, otherwise it wouldn't have noted White Star having a trading outpost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
They can drop equipment in easily enough, but concealing it from magic-using locals who are actively looking for high tech to suppress, and getting the information they gather back to a local base without being detected wouldn't necessarily be a simple problem. It's something that I'd personally expect Infinity to do after a period of time spent studying the Ytarria area first, to get the procedures they'd need figured out.
Your making the assumption that the entire timeline follows the pattern we've seen for one (sub-)continent, and I'd assume that Infinity has disguised scouting equipment for use on ALL timelines, full stop.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote