View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Munchkin Starfinder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewodnik View Post
I'd back what Charlie said. As a non-American consumer the main drive for me were kickstarter exclusives, meaning that not only i'd back the campaign but i'll extend my pledge to get more stuff (3 Shakespeare expansions for example), which actually helped reaching next goals.
The largest problems with Kickstarter exclusives comes down to two points:

* Steve Jackson Games has been in business 37 years, and we like to take actions that allow us to continue producing games for decades to come. Kickstarter exclusives will cause the company problems in the future.

* Kickstarter exclusives are still forced to follow the usual manufacturing minimums, potentially leading to situations where we have hundreds (or thousands!) of units in inventory and no way to sell those items. We can sell to the Kickstarter backers, yes, but then we watch as those are taken to eBay and fans who missed out pay two, three, four times (or more!) than if we could have just offered the item for sale to everyone.

Kickstarter exclusives are good and bad. We experimented with an exclusive for Shakespeare, and now we are planning a Munchkin project where we take a more long-term view of the product (and potential expansions and accessories that may be unlocked during the Kickstarter project).
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote