Thread: Knight Mare
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
Clipper

Default Re: Knight Mare

Thanks Andrew. You got the two bonuses the wrong way around, though. The Knight Mare is +4 against Centaurs and +2 against everyone else.

Also, a Half-Centaur that does not have any other Race should be able to claim they are everyone else, as that's a disadvantage to being a Centaur, right?

Could you please confirm whether I'm correct that these bonuses can stack when there are two or more different combatants on the munchkin side (via Helper or Hireling), one a Centaur and one not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotya View Post
maybe I don't understand you, but very often a single munchkin is a Centaur and 'everyone else': Cleric, Thief, Wizard etc. Or they may use Half-Breed card and be a Centaur and Gnome, Elf, Dwarf etc.
a quote from FAQ says that the monster's bonuses for different Races/Classes stack if he meets munchkin with both these Races/Classes, and the Knight-Mare card does not say otherwise. So the "against Centaurs" and "against non-Centaurs" bonuses should stack and give +6 to monster.
Andrew's response does remove the doubt I had on this part, so I'll try to fully clarify what I meant. By non-Centaur, I don't mean having a component which is something other than Centaur. I mean being a character which is not considered to be a Centaur. A Half-Centaur-Gnome cannot say he is not a Centaur. Neither can a Centaur Wizard. A Half-Centaur with no other Race can choose if he is a Centaur or if he is not a Centaur, depending which choice is more advantageous. Thus, these two bonuses could never stack on any one character, as no character would ever be both a Centaur and a non-Centaur.

Last edited by Clipper; 12-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote