View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #10
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Body Sense

I've seen it in play on two characters. The first is a psion whose main role is as telepath, but also possesses world hopping capabilities (they were free in the campaign). Its only moderately useful, but it helps make me be bold enough to try world hopping tricks (out of the battle one way, back in another).

The other character I've seen it on is an NPC villian I'm running who has it at a high enough level the only time he'll mess up is a critical failure. Its a very nasty skill to have in the bag if you're a rapid teleporter. He'd have taken out the party by now if they weren't either hiding at long range or possessing super reflexes that let them dodge attacks that materialize near their back. (its a 1,000 point budget with restrictions).

Its worth pointing out though that thing that really makes warp useful is having enough reliable or skill to warp when ever you want. If you don't have that body sense is merely a precaution, not a weapon.

The ability to use it to pull off stunts like changing your velocity or landing on top of someone is awesome though. It sounds like a great skill to tie it to (depending on setting metaphysics).

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote