View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 06:45 AM   #8
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Question 7 - [MV] Problem species
What species traveling the portals of the multiverse causes trouble for other wayfarers?
Well, if you were to ask 100 random wayfarers, the most common species complained about would be a human. But many of your wayfarers would be humans as well, so its debatable if they're more troublesome or just more common.

Several animalistic species are known to use the portals. The most notorious are probably portal drakes. These creatures hover around known nexuses waiting for portals to open. They hope to either catch creatures coming through the portals or to swoop through the portals themselves to find lands untouched by such a fearsome predator as they, though they are careful to return through the portals.

It is a matter of some debate among sages and scholars if portal drakes can cause portals, somehow sense them forming, or if they're just skilled at what they do. Some travelers regard them as a sign of good fortune, or as an indication they've found a portal nexus, but most just see them as hungry devourers of livestock and children.

Question 8:
a) What name is the bone of the titan that forms Calledron called, seeing that it has distinct properties from bone?
b) What do the inhabitants of Calledron call the titan they live on?

Question 9:
Is there a world or worlds that buys titan bone from Calledron? Why does it need the bone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Answer 5 - Gravity
Gravity is a repulsive force acting radially away from the sun, with a strength proportional to proximity to it. The material of titanic Bone appears to have some countering force attracting it to other Bone and perhaps to the sun, as suggested by the arrangement of fragments.

Thus, if flight between fragments is considered, flying through an outward-curving trajectory would be easier. And if it's possible to mine or work Bone, it might be used for anchors or ballast.

For inhabitants of Calledron and similar fragments, gravity is experienced as a fairly uniform 1G, and the sun is always directly above.

(Does this cause too much weirdness?)
I think its an awesome answer!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote