Thread: Triads of hell
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Acolyte

Default Re: Triads of hell

You don't get as much synergy with demonic triads as you do with angelic ones. Since angelic resonances (largely) provide information, combining multiple types of resonances can lead to an angelic group easily determining the pertinent information with a great deal of rapidity. Demonic resonances (largely) inflict something on a victim, so targeting the same victim with multiple resonances generally just results in one EXTREMELY confused or strung-out victim. They don't (generally) combine as well, which is why Princes don't rely on triad-type arrangements as much.

There are lots of exceptions, obviously. Balseraphs of Lust working with a Lilim of any Word can easily generate a large number of Geases for the Lilim (some of which she might have pledged to call in on the Balseraph's behalf, if he's a decently-intelligent Balseraph), by imposing a desire when the Lilim is present to fulfill the Need the desire creates. This doesn't even have to be anything especially degrading, either, for clever Lilim (when the only thing that will excite you is being dunked in strawberry juice, a Lilim with an appropriately-equipped dunking machine is your dream come true). But the core resonances of the Bands don't stack as synergistically as the core resonances of the Choirs.