View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 AM   #1154
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
How often do you visit the Steve Jackson Games front page/Daily Illuminator?
Daily. It's also in my RSS feed which goes to my email and my android phone/tablets.

Quote:
Do you follow any of our social media channels?
Yes. All of them.

Quote:
What can we do to put the news in front of you regularly?
I like the idea of a GURPS mailing list for a couple of reasons: 1) It gets the information to those who know about GURPS keeping the base updated; 2) It allows you to advertise information via social media to those who are GURPS-curious (and that's a lot of people in my expeirence); and 3) it allows your MIBs and GURPSangelicals (such as myself) to say "Hey, check out this link, there is a ton of stuff here that you might like if you liked my demo/game/campaign.

Quote:
The world is a flood of information, and it is our job to make sure _our_ information reaches you. We have clearly failed in this instance, so we are left trying to figure out the best way to alert you to news about new games and expansions.
  • Better use of hashtags on social media is one I can think of. While GURPS isn't the meat and drink of SJGames I like to think it might be the ice cream dessert. It comes in a billion flavors and you are bound to find one you love. A couple of mentions in your various social media feeds ought to assist there. But only if people can find them doing searches when they don't follow you. Use "#RPG" and "#GURPS" to broaden the tag cycle - or some other combination (up to 3 or 4 at most).
  • I think more GURPS-related broadcasts could help to. Nothing long (8 to 15 minutes seems to be the happy medium for most videos). The key is to get a conversation going. Have people talk about their games and what the system can do.
  • Perhaps set up Q&A sessions about GURPS on social media. Again, get a conversation going.
  • Use the blogger base. We're not huge (under a 100), but we're loyal as hell and want to see the game's fan-base grow. That is free labor/advertising that can be utilized by the company. All you need to do is to tell one of us (ideally myself or Doug) and we will direct those who want to help however you wish.
  • I know I get about 400 to 700 hits per post with a good chunk of those coming from RPG websites vs. something GURPS specific. I know Doug is in a similiar boat and Peter gets a crapton of hits from the DnD and OSR crowd because of how he runs his DF game.
  • Assign GURPS emissaries who know the game well to patrol the net for places to talk about the game. I know I'd be up for such a task and I bet a few other freelancers would be as well.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, I'm not saying dump tons of man-hours into any of these (or other endeavours) when it comes to GURPS. But you know, the loyalists are out there should you need us . . .

Quote:
How often do you visit the New Releases page on our site?
About weekly, sometimes monthly.

Quote:
Where do you buy our games?
Via w23 mostly or Amazon. Some things I can't get from w23 force me to check eBay or Amazon. Occasionally, from my FLGS because the store owner knows I love GURPS classic print stuff and he saves it for me.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote