Thread: House Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
Sagitta

Default Re: House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogo
*1*. This is the biggie I use the Linear Scale of disturbance detection rules from the Game Master's Guide -1 per 10 yards.
I don't even bother with that, I just say 'roll perception +-x', and make up a plausible x depending on the size and distance of the disturbance. Sometimes I ask everyone to roll perception without telling them the bonus or penalty, for disturbance and for various other clues (and, occasionally, for no reason).
Quote:
2. Single Initiaive Scale.
Again, I like it even simpler: Ofanim go first, then everyone else. I only worry about the order when it looks like it will make a difference, e.g. trying to disarm a foe before they can fire.
Quote:
3. No default penalties. A given use of a skill is either usable untrained at a TN==Characteristic or it's impossible untrained.
That means you need to make a judgement call every time, but it doesn't sound too difficult.
I rather like the defaults, they encourage the more cerebral skills like Computer Operation and Medicine. However, I reduce the penalty to 0 for related skills, e.g. the different Small Weapon skills. Apropos of which, I divide Large Weapon into multiple skills in the same way as Small and Ranged ones.
Quote:
4. Small Weapon. These skills are based on Agility rather than Precision.
That is logical, but perhaps the game balance will suffer if all five of the melee skills are based on Corporeal attributes. (Acrobatics, Dodge, Fighting, Large Weapon, Small Weapon.)
Quote:
5. Celestial Discord and Essence.
I haven't had any important characters with Celestial Discord yet.
Quote:
6. Celestial Discord and Calabim.
Good idea, IMO.
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote