Thread: House Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
zogo

Default House Rules

I love In Nomine. I feel that the game runs better for me with a few house rules. Here they are along with the reason why I adopted each of them. What do you think? Also what House Rules do you use...

*1*. This is the biggie I use the Linear Scale of disturbance detection rules from the Game Master's Guide -1 per 10 yards.

Reason: Calculating ranges for different beings is way too much work.

2. Single Initiaive Scale. Instead of using the Steps from the core book all characters act in a round in order based on Agility if using a physical ability or movement or Perception if using supernatural powers or celestial movement. (Etheral combat actions in the marches might go by Precision or might go by Perception I haven't decided and it hasn't come up)

Reason: The steps approach just really bothered me, though I can't necessarily articuate why.

3. No default penalties. A given use of a skill is either usable untrained at a TN==Characteristic or it's impossible untrained.

Reason: To encourage default use since even for Celestials characteristics can be prety low. It's a cinematic rule yes, but it's a cinematic game.

4. Small Weapon. These skills are based on Agility rather than Precision.

Reason: While the hand eye coordination aspect of Precision is relevant to small weapons, I think personally that the whole body dexterity aspect of Agility is more important.

5. Celestial Discord and Essence. Essence regeneration occurs if the die is greater than or equal to the highest Celestial Discord.

Reason: It never becomes impossible to regenerate Essence, and the existing odds I felt were too harsh anyway.

6. Celestial Discord and Calabim. A Calabite's innate discord does not interfere with essence regeneration unless it is a Need or has grown higher than the Calabite's Celestial Forces. In game this is because having discord is natural for a Calabite and so interferes less with Essence Regeneration.

Reason: So that taking a Calabite with an non-Need Celestial Discord as their innate Discord isn't a horribly sub-optimal choice. I mean otherwise how did Haagenti with his Gluttony ever live long enough to get powerful...

Last edited by zogo; 03-07-2006 at 11:27 PM.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote