View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #20
Fred Brackin

Default Re: [Magic] Quick and Dirty Enchanting and High Levels of Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Not quite. Energy Reserve recovers no matter what you're doing. The only way to stop ER from recovering is if it has a PM, and is hit by a countermeasure.
Ah, misread the relevant quote. It appears that Energy reserve does regain 6 FP per hour regardless of rest. I've never had anyone use it in my games. Apologies for the confusion.

So going to Powers for the original source I see that the Recover energy Spell does work on Energy Reserve Magical. However, that Spell still only works while resting. It says so in the Spell description.

So this Energy Reserve loophole will not fuel all 10 pts of this back-to-back 1 hour Q&D ritual scheme though the old tried and true thing about having an apprentice and taking just a few seconds between Rituals to have him cast Lend Energy will.

More valuable might be having 12 natural FP, 12 pts of Energy Reserve (Magical) and Recover Energy at level 15. Then you can rest an hour so you can recharge both. That way you can contribute 24 pts per Ritual and still only rest an hour between Rituals.

You still can not rest while participating in a Ritual. You can't even Maintain Spells that require Concentration while resting. Participating in a ritual is activity and not rest even if you don't spend the FP until the last second.