View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 02:41 AM   #7
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Impaling Attacks to Veins/Arteries Hit Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
It should really be some sort of "very small impaling" damage type (needles having more in common with daggers than bullets), but since GURPS lacks that, I'd say small piercing would have to work, yeah.
Piercing damage types are used for particularly narrow impaling-like attacks fairly regularly in GURPS. It may not be the best way to do it, but it is standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Might as well since it might be an improvised weapon.
You wrote about needles used to give shots or draw blood.

Using a syringe as a really bad improvised stabbing weapon is neither of those things. (Well, okay, it'll draw blood, but not in the same sense.)
Quote:
Does small piercing half damage happen before or after the 1.5 x for artery/vein?
...Uh, neither of those things you refer to actually exists. The wounding modifier for pi-- is 0.5. If as cited above veins/arteries adds 0.5 to wounding modifiers, then you'd get a wounding modifier of 1.
Quote:
Or DMG multipliers for crit hits?
Critical hit results multiply damage, not injury. They don't have any real interaction with hit locations or wounding modifiers.

Also, if all of these things were actually multiplying together the way you seem to have thought, the order would be irrelevant - multiplication is commutative.