View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #557
Seneschal

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beini82 View Post
The thing is that a lot of times in RPM it's easy to overcomplicate stuff because the ritual costs are sometimes separate from the actual result. Small things can be super costly and sometimes large things are cheap as hell. People here were discussing elaborate solutions in a ritual formula when out of the blue Ghostdancer or even PK showed up and were like "just use this or that as a lesser effect and youre good". Invisibilty? lesser destroy energy...becoming (more or less) immortal? just use lesser restore body and "heal" your aging.
I guess I was hoping for something like that :)
Agreed. I think energy costs are mean to be GM-tweaked in many instances. After all, RPM is flexible and fully improvisational magic lives and dies by GM fiat. As written, changing someone's hair to feathers costs more than setting it on fire, supposedly because one effect is "more involved" but really, one is aesthetic and the other has actual combat utility.

In your case, I'd say "transforms with clothes" is a genre convention, not a discrete magical effect, and its inclusion is free.
Seneschal is offline   Reply With Quote