View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
JoelSammallahti

Default Re: Lord of the Rings Elven Racial Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavynn
One of my thoughts is that +10 might be overkill. I'll think on that. I would want passing a will test to be almost automatic though. I considered unfazeable, but I just did not think that it felt right. I don't think they should be exempt from making fright checks. I think intimidation should be able to work on them - maybe not easily, but I can't see making them blanketly immune to them, but I might be open to an arguement otherwise. Maybe for Noldor is makes sense.
You have a point about total immunity. Then again, I doubt anything less than a balrog or dragon could scare one of them, and such creatures might well have Terror with the Cosmic enhancement.

Since Fright Checks always fail on 14+, an elf with Will 21 and 10 levels of Fearlessness will only notice a difference if the Fright Check has a penalty of -19 or worse. That's a penalty that eliminates any ordinary human's - even a really extraordinary one's - chance to resist altogether. And since Fearlessness both subtracts from Intimidate and adds to Will to resist, they'll be on even terms with someone whose Intimidate skill is 41! I think they might do with a bit of downgrading.
JoelSammallahti is offline   Reply With Quote