View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
Phil Masters

Default Re: Discworld adventure ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDibble View Post
I'll be running a DW campaign soon. The premise is that some rich person from AM bought the Place Where the Sun Does Not Shine. He makes money by sell second hand tools and musical instruments. Also he provides agents to complete jobs no one wants.

I'm trying to come up with jobs. For instance, controlling the elephant population near AM, retrieving artifacts from ancient temples, asking a very old troll to please move, etc.

Anyone got other ideas for jobs?
The campaign structure implies that some tasks should arise from things discovered to have been put where The Sun Does Not Shine - jobs, certainly, as you say, but some items may have unusual stories attached too. Why has an antique violin (the Discworld equivalent of a Stradivarius) shown up there, and who might have a claim to it? The non-Euclidean nature of the head on that spanner suggests a Bloody Stupid Johnson invention; might it be best to return it before it becomes pressingly needed, leading to a failure of local spacetime? Is that really the capstone from a Djellibeybian pyramid, and if so, why is it inscribed with Hersheban hieroglyphs?

Also, one could imagine some especially exotic Ephebean philosophical arguments showing up at the Place. Should they be examined for validity before being rejected?
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote