View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
Edges

Default Re: Tracking Individual Wounds & Healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Sounds awesome! I've taken a look at other non-cumulative wound systems (and worked on one of my own) but they seemed to add quite a bit of complexity. Do you have yours posted on a site, or would you care to share it here?
I don't have it up on a site, sorry. I have it in a few word documents. If you were really interested, I could attach them to a PM I guess (unless there are filters I don't know about).

My system does add quite a bit of complexity. But it's complexity that I don't mind handling. And on the player's side, it's manageable. To the player, I would just describe what the wound look like and how much blood is visible. If they want to know the game-mechanical effects, I might say, "You have a moderate wound on your left arm. Every time you want to use it, you need to make a Will check. You have -1 to IQ and DX from the pain." If the player asks how often bleeding rolls need to be made, I'll tell him (in this case) 10 minutes. Otherwise, I just have him roll every 10 minutes and keep track of the loss and the effects of loss informing him when his weakness starts to be noticed (i.e. further penalties are incurred).

So it adds a lot of complexity but it's all behind the curtain.
Edges is offline   Reply With Quote