View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #55
martin_rook

Default Re: Updating GURPS IST

I have played in and enjoyed the IST setting, but I had to ignore the timeline because some of it made no sense to me. Namely, the fact that one of the signature events that lead to International Super Teams and the ascendancy of the UN involved the UN Security Council voting in a way that was in direct opposition to the interests of the nations that made up the Security Council. So, it would be hard for me to extrapolate the timeline without wanting to make changes to what's already been set down, but...

It might be interesting if terror organizations saw supers as targets for attacks. They would probably try to recruit/create supers of their own, but they might also make conventional (non-super-powered) attacks on individual supers who are in the public eye.

Given the increased authority of the UN and the genre's tendancy to look to super-powered authority figures to fix people's problems for them, you'd probably see some central authority trying to take control of the nation's economies in order to combat this global recession -- which might be playing into the hands of a Lex Luthor/Ozymandias sort of villain.
martin_rook is offline   Reply With Quote