View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 03:06 AM   #22
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Can a Ritual Give a Bonus to Symbol Drawing or Alchemy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
He has the limitation on his Magery. PCs can't take Ritual Adept, it's reserved for powerful spirits, demons, Beyonders and the like.
Ahhh, ok.

Quote:
Right, that's where to find that!

Having checked it, I don't see any simple way to link 'Bases' with Status and Wealth level, i.e. determining what a settled lifestyle at a given Wealth and Status gives you.

Should I just assume that if the Creation Cost fits inside the 80% of assets for a PC's Wealth level, it's valid for the base to be his home? And that if Upkeep is less than Cost of Living that he maintains at his Status, that's part of his CoL?
I wouldn't. It's going to be used by the PC for adventures and thus should fall in the 20% of adventuring gear for his budget. I might toy with the idea a bit on my blog at some point and come up with some workable values. In any case, it likely should not cost less than Mana Enhancer (Place of Power) with appropriate modifiers attached. Actually, that's probably where you could start. Just treat the point value the way you would for Trading Points for Money.

Quote:
I'll look at the above.
I could likely suggest more, but I'm not really sure of the style and genre you're going for. Seems fairly low-magic horror.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote