View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 02:53 AM   #6
ak_aramis

Default Re: Drinking During An RP Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberingmouther View Post
has anybody tried this? do you have any amusing anecdotes?
I used to have a beer during game. So did some friends. Wasn't usually an issue, as the rule was "More than one, fork over your keys and get your car tomorrow"...

The disinhibition effects can be quite noticeable in some people, even at low dosage. It's something to be aware of - some people can handle it, some people cannot.

I do find that marijuana is less prone to bringing out the obnoxious in people, but is also slightly more likely to trigger digressions.

The worst gaming incidents in my personal experiences involved thoroughly inebriated homeless persons not playing with us breaking into my apartment during game.

In one case, he had the wrong building, but convincing him of this required use of a 32" scots backsword. Once he saw that forcing the door would spit him like a roast, he ran.

Another, he came into a security building following one of the players, with a knife in hand...Upon entry, the player gave us the "I'm in trouble here" code, and, as the player burst through the door and went prone, the native guy, knife in hand, suddenly realized more than six people had firearms pointed at him, two with badges. (Armed security guards.) Police were called, as he was held under citizens arrest for unlawful entry and menacing. He was charged with, and plead out to, both counts, plus something else unrelated. (He had warrants already.) One of the guys in the group happened to be the building's daytime security guy, just off shift.

Then there was the guy who barged in, heard me say, "Saving throw or die," screamed "OMG THE DEVIL IS HERE!" ran out, and tripped on the ice, and fell onto a police car's hood, which was looking for him. We were most annoyed - took us 15 minutes to get the cat back in. He surrendered to the officers without further incident, other than an unlawful entry charge being added. (He was being searched for for a home invasion armed robbery down the block.)
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote