View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #123
platimus

Default Re: Hex & Chit Scaling

Quote:
Yeah, when I first got GURPS Man To Man, one of the first things I did was shrink down the Cardboard Heroes to TFT counter size (using a photocopier, no less...) and glue them onto TFT-sized counters. It worked great! It's even easier with a scanner printer. And you can find counters in that (and other) formats with a web search. Making TFT-style counters is quite easy.
There's also a tool for this that I've used before. I think it was called 'Token Tool'. Very handy. You can use whatever artwork you find on the web (for personal use only). Just drag the image over to the program window and it displays the image with an overlay that shows which part of the image will be on the token. You can move the image around and scale it up and down to make it fit well within the token overlay.

I know there are circle and square overlays. I think you can create your own as well. I know I made some one time that were hex shaped. There are also a number of optional borders included that can be applied to the token. Again, you can make your own too.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote