View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #6
rkbrown419

Default Re: Trying to understand Sorcery with GCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I'm not sure of the exact working of the data file, as I have not looked that file over yet let alone tried messing with it. I discussed several options with RKBrown on how to handle the point cost restrictions, I'm just not 100% sure on what he settled on.
I pretty much used your idea of making not having enough Sorcery Points a taboo in the spell and vice versa. Thank you again BTW.
Sorcerous Empowerment creates the Sorcery Points value that the spells use for it's taboo trait and the spells create the spells points Sorcerous Empowerment uses. Although the last only applies to a few spells. As previously mentioned these are there to make sure you don't have more points in a spell than in Sorcerous Empowerment because spells are alternate abilities as explained in the Book. Unless you have the book you will probably have trouble assigning alternative ability modifiers appropriately BTW. Those must be assigned manually because you may want your character to have multiple spells on at any given time.
As of now I've only received (and responded to) one e-mail about this file and this issue wasn't brought up.
rkbrown419 is offline   Reply With Quote