View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #14
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [Infinite Worlds] Compiling a list of canonical ways to cross quanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Entity View Post
Does "GURPS Infinite Worlds: Collegio Januari" count as "Infinite Worlds"? It has the book title, and the sidebar on Ashlars refers to many worlds from the Infinite Worlds setting, but it doesn't feel quite as well integrated as the Cabal etc.

If so, the actual College uses Plane Shift which is already on the list, but the Herlechine Horse has the Jumper (World) advantage without any quantum-distance limitation (magical Jumper with enough extra carrying capacity for a rider, rather than using Tunnelling). This is technically a parachronozoid though, carrying its rider across worlds.

There's also the "Curragh of Bran" from the same book, though there's no indication of whether that goes across quanta or not.
I looked at Collegio Januari but you're right about it not feeling as integrated as the Cabal—the book seems to have mainly been written as an alternative to the standard Infinite Worlds setting rather than something that could be slotted into it. Though I had missed the Herlechine Horse, and I'm glad you pointed it out because we need more concrete examples of parachonozoids.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote