View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #11
hal

Default Re: Rules Differences Between DFRPG and GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Mostly DFRPG. Technically, it's a different game from GURPS. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy is a set of GURPS genrebooks/worldbooks (one could make an argument that even though they don't have a named and NPCed setting, they are still an implicit setting, which is why I include worldbooks). As such, you'd expect GDF to have minimal rule changes (as opposed to adaptions). DFRPG, being "Powered by GURPS", will have more changes. (Still, it's not very much.)
Thank you. I never much liked the shield bash rules and even started a thread in which linebackers and weaklings could go head to head on a line of scrimmage and get atypical results based on the rules as written. Too bad the rules streamlining didn't continue the main source of the RPG rules in the first place - but, that's just me. ;)

Will I purchase DFRPG? Probably not. Limited budget plus purchases of other DF series material makes it a non-viable purchase for me. If SJGames were to create "What's new from DFRPG vs GURPS" as a single document/single purchase kind of thing, THAT might be viable, but if it isn't in the same word count as the other PDF's going for $8, then even that wouldn't be a viable alternative in my eyes.

But, for many of you who purchased the product and supported it via kickstarter, I'm glad for you. :)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote