View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
Eugee

Default Re: Breakthrough vs AI

Tried another run, this time as Defender. I did my usual setup of 3 SHVY and two stacks of INF. The SHVYs are spaced along the road to quickly react to attacker deployment, and the INF in two stacks between them. Basically get ready to hold those bottlenecks.

The GEVs were a pretty spread out deployment, but ultimately ended up in 2 clusters, riverside and the opposite plains. I moved 1 SHVY and a stack of INF down to the destroyed bridge, making sure they couldn't get into range that turn. Then the rest of my force headed down to the streams, keeping 3 hexes from the opposite bank so they couldn't get a shot.

The AI is just a bit too timid I think (or maybe it just can't figure out how to approach a unit with a 6 hex threat radius), but it just huddled away from me and fed me one unit at a time. I only received a couple attacks, and while the river group cowered unable to figure out how to engage me, the rest of my force tore their north side apart then came down to kill the cornered GEVs.

I always thought Breakout was about blasting through the lines and getting to the opposite side. I'll try it again without using SHVYs and see if it plays any better.
Eugee is offline   Reply With Quote