Thread: Current play?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #92
malchidael

Default Re: Current play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstlaurent View Post
I'll contribute. I actually bought TFT to introduce my youngest child to RPGs. My wife and two oldest play GURPS already, but I wanted something simpler for my youngest (who is 8) to start out on. (Plus, you know, I did play Melee and Wizard back in the day, so there is some nostalgia there....)

So, we ran a bunch of starter games to get a good feel for it. Started with Melee, first with the pre-gen characters and then making our own. Then added Wizard. Couple of head-to-head, couple of groups ganging up on the big creatures. Then we went into Death Test a couple of times. By then I think we had the hang of it.

For a campaign, I actually didn't go with Cidri. I love the old TSR Greyhawk setting and adventures, so I decided to just adapt those on the fly. For the first campaign I chose The Temple of Elemental Evil. It's been going really well so far, they're almost at the end of Village of Hommlet.
Awesome! Greyhawk (in my not-so-humble opinion) is the second best D&D campaign world for use with TFT (Wilderlands of High Fantasy is #1).

Hommlet is fun (I didn't care for the actual Temple, but the Moathouse was good)- Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh and Cult of the Reptile God are two early adventures that would also convert pretty easily.

Great to hear how you introduced your family to TFT, and your kids experiences figuring out the "right" starting stats!
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote