View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #259
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
We can apply it to evading, I suppose. How do you "spend" the hex control points though? and what do you spend them on?
No idea, still pretty much a hypothetical idea... but my guess is that such a concept would also somehow incorporate Feints/Beats since that's also a quick contest?

Quote:
Making equivalent to a defensive attack in damage is probably sufficient.
Somewhere out there is some kind of defensive slammer who will get mad though.

Quote:
Range should probably also apply, and targets not trying to avoid being hit might be +4 easier.
Not sure what you mean by range, by the time you're slamming someone you are sharing the same hex

Avoiding being hit was I thought covered by using active defenses (ie someone doing AOA like a berserker isn't avoiding) I think it's moreso the kinda-passive aspect of defense of "you're moving around so it's harder to target you"

Which is where the whole "what do I roll to stab the unconscious guy immobile on the ground" bonuses come in.

I guess I just figured he'd be 0 on the Speed aspect of the Speed/Range table, but I suppose a Berserker who is All-Out-Attacking (while remaining in his hex) would also be 0, which is why I think earlier I just figured to tally up their Basic Speed for each attack or defense they make and add that to however many yards they moved.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote