View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #26
Damon Griffin

Default Re: Munchkin Collectible Card game?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
look at it as a window into games you may not have considered trying. Not every freebie will elicit a curiosity query, but if even one out of ten do, it's a win for the company.
I do see it that way from the company's point of view, and it's not only a sound strategy, it's very customer-friendly. (There may be other companies who give away stuff with orders -- I personally don't know of any -- but who let you ask for specific freebies? That's just above and beyond.)

It's unfortunate that in my case, outside of Munchkin proper, everything I've received as a freebie is either something I already had (I own Ninja Burger: Sumo Size Me, so I didn't need multiple additional Oil Rig mission cards) or something I've already decided I'm not interested in. SJGames order fulfillment staff have no way of knowing this, so zero blame to them or anyone at the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Plus as you've already shown a propensity to trade, consider them "throw ins" to some other deal that may either A) sweeten the pot for the other side, and/or B) further reinforce the good will you've established during the trade, increasing the likelihood of beneficial trades in the future.
The trade I mentioned is I think one of a total of two I've made. I came to the promos very late in the game, in part because my FLGS is so good about stocking Munchkin products I didn't need to order from W23. Most of the promos I'm missing are long out of print, and everything I have to offer, pretty much everyone else already has. Meantime, small purchases of specific promos from W23 have netted me 7 copies each of Tame and Curse! Unjustly Accused, etc.

Back on topic...

My own crack-addict response to INWO twenty years ago will keep me from starting down that path ever again. And any Munchkin CCG promos I might get from W23 are probably going to sit, unused and untraded, in a little Ziploc bag indefinitely. But I think a Munchkin CCG will probably do very well, and I don't think it will have the slightest negative impact on the current game.
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote