View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
smoothhands

Default Re: Infinite use of "usable once only " - Second Chance Sparkles

What I don't get about your logic Palmer is why you only use Second Chance Sparkles twice when you've played three one-shot items. You use it for the one-shot item and for the Loaded Die, but not for the Fairy Fortune; instead you only used Fairy Fortune’s inherent self-recovery ability. I think that's where your loop breaking is flawed. The Second Chance Sparkles text states that it is used every time you play a one-shot item. Thus the following scenario should be perfectly valid:

Setup: one-shot item, 2 Loaded Die (LD #1 and LD #2), Second Chance Sparkles (SCS)

1. Use one-shot item, which is then discarded.
2. Try SCS to recover one-shot item: roll 5.
3. Use LD #1 to change roll to 6. One-shot item is recovered; SCS for one-shot item resolved. LD #1 is discarded.
4. Try SCS to recover LD #1: roll 5.
5. Use LD #2 to change roll to 6. LD #1 is recovered; SCS for LD #1 resolved. LD #2 is discarded.
6. Try SCS to recover LD #2: roll 5.
7. Use LD #1 to change roll to 6. LD #2 is recovered; SCS for LD #2 resolved. LD #1 is discarded.
8. Try SCS to recover LD #1: roll 6. LD #1 is recovered; SCS for LD #1 resolved.

4 one-shot items were used and SCS was used 4 times.

I don’t really want to think about how Fairy Fortune fits into this as I’ve already spent way too much time on it as it is :)

If there is some gap in my logic, please let me know. Otherwise, the following tactics are possible using this infinite loop:

1. Infinite combat strength by using and reusing a potion in battle
2. Infinite ability to end others’ combats with nothing gained using Friendship Potion or Potion of Cowardice (can be blocked by Raincoat, Restraining Order, Annihilation, or Charmed Circle)
3. 100% stealing success rate
4. 100% running away success rate from monsters that are possible to run away from...or if you have an automatic run away card, guaranteed running away even then
5. Instant jump to level 9 by rolling 6’s over and over with The Occasionally Reliable Amulet
6. Ability to steal any monster away from someone in any combat for the rest of the game using Transferral Potion (can be blocked by same cards as #2 above)
7. Complete protection from Curses if you have a Wishing Ring or Lucky Talisman
8. Complete protection from all other players interfering with your combats with a Restraining Order
9. Ability to block any other player from successful Run Away rolls using Flask of Glue, or rolls of any kind using Feline Intervention. This can be exploited by Bards into forcing anyone of any level to help you in any battle (except one in which you would win the game) for no reward.

...and probably even more that I haven't considered or that involved cards that I haven't seen.
smoothhands is offline   Reply With Quote