View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #74
Icelander

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Your GM is pretty good at "intense." A little more cuing as to which posts describe simultaneous events would make it even better.
I'm sure he'd be glad to hear any compliments. As he reads this thread* and this is, I think, his first ambitious GURPS campaign (as opposed to short scenario), all y'all don't be shy, please, in mentioning anything you happen to like. :-)

Criticism is also welcome, if nothing else because my job as Assistant GM for Plausibility and Worldbuilding involves providing support and advice between sessions and help patch up anything that might otherwise become a plot-hole or an actual Idiot Plot.

I'm more than willing to try to provide better context as regards timing issues, but I'm afraid that there are some constraints on my descriptive abilities at work. I'm obviously not an omniscient narrator. I know some stuff my character doesn't, but there are other things I don't have a clue about.

In regard to time, specifically, Chase Taylor doesn't have a watch or even a cell phone, so the only way he knows the exact time is when he is able to ask someone. Danny O'Toole has two phones and a watch, but he hasn't exactly been checking them constantly. And even if he did, I haven't been informed of what the time was at each incident in O'Toole's Anti-Heroes Jouney. Granted, Dr. Anderson has Absolute Timing, but he has no idea what O'Toole is doing.

Add to that the fact that last session, O'Toole's player was not present and only did some chatting with the GM over Skype. I am precisely as ignorant of what happened to O'Toole after post #72 'The Spy Who Loved Himself' as Taylor is.

So I'm basically guessing at points of synchronisation between the timelines of separated PCs. The margin of error ranges from a few seconds either way, when there is a sound carrying between them that Taylor can hear and interpret, up to fifteen minutes or so, when both parties have been involved in long scenes where I'm not certain how much time passed.

22:35. I'm certain that Taylor's intercom conversation with Warden Tyrrell in post #46 'What We've Got Here is a Failure to Communicate' ended at this time.

22:40 to 22:45 or thereabouts, the flashbang went off in the tunnels, as O'Toole the Tool telekinetically pulled the pin in post #55 'The Sound of Silence', which was simultaneous with post #59 'Don't They Know It's the End of the World?' for Taylor in the dining hall of the barracks.

22:47-22:50 is the time of the two rifle shots in the tunnels in post #63 'You Think You're Gonna Live Your Life Alone - In Darkness - And Seclusion'.

22:47-22:50 or so is the current time, in the write-up (but not in play) for Dr. Anderson, Cherry Bell and Chase Taylor in the barracks, after the events of post #69 'Crash Into Me'.

22:50-22:55 or so is the time of the conversation O'Toole hears between Warden Tyrrell and his men in the tunnels in post #72 'The Spy Who Loved Himself'.

*Well, hopefully, unless he gave up after the first few pages.

Last edited by Icelander; 03-05-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote