View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Hi, everyone! Time for some more market research!
  • A Kickstarter for a Mark VI and an Ogre-to-be-determined-by-survey.
Yes. And you best offer it at "Too Many Minis" quantities! It'd be a shame if some paint schemes have one and others don't...

• Battlefields - The expansion set containing LADs, Engineers, Vulcans, Ninja, maps G3 & S3, and more.
Yes. I'll probably end up getting between 2 and 4, depending on price point, long-term availability, and when a friend's finances stabilize.

• Nightfall - a campaign of linked scenarios
Bring it on! Scenarios are always welcome, especially when they tell a story / fit really well as convention events. One book, maybe two.

How many do we have to promise to buy to make this a given? Seriously, I have a LOT of plastic (along with paint scheme ideas) that won't have friends if these projects never come to pass. Personally, I'm in for whatever adds up to a "Too Many Minis" box...15 sets or 3 of each color on offer, whichever is greater...and probably a "player" level on the side, if a friend's situation doesn't improve by then.

---------

The one thing that keeps sticking in my craw is the map situation. With the new sets, we have to give the old hats some reason to contribute [as it'll never hit funding goals / etc without], but there are places where that leaves new guys in the cold...kind of a delicate dance. I'm personally set, but keep thinking back to new players.

With how much outpouring of support there is for "full-bodied GEV" for 6E, I would love for us to keep the momentum up enough for "Battlefields" to be the first in a 3-plus-pack of similar size and scope expansions...Battlefields [G3/S3, battlefield engineering, overlays, new cybertanks], GEV [G1/G2, buildings, trains, new cybertanks], and Shockwave [S1/S2, turrets/towers/crawlers/etc, new cybertanks].

Failing that, maybe we could get a run of G1/G2/S1/S2 on poster paper? (and after the release of Battlefields, G3/S3...don't want to cannibalize sales) I'd probably pick up a set or two just to have green maps at my FLGS/etc without having to lug the heavy chipboard green maps around, but I'm thinking more about new players here...the people who don't know GEV and Shockwave exist, who have their spiffy new copy of 6th Edition, maybe a copy of Reinforcements, and nothing to play on but the orange map.

--------------

I would love to see us keep the momentum up [though I imagine we're starting to plateau, if "Set 3" is a maybe...] long enough to complete all the standard units...PanEuro troops, Combine troops, all their Cybertanks, the utility units [LADs, Crawlers, Trains, etc], key buildings [turrets, towers, etc]...before moving on to new factions with unique tech bases [Nihon, China], odds and ends [Ogrethulhu], etc.

--------------

The "Ogre: The Last War" empire-management thing someone else mentioned sounds neat...but is gonna be pretty niche, that might be best served developed as a few Ogrezine articles first and seeing if it catches on, before committing a bunch of company resources to it...and would need both "Now go play an Ogre battle" and "Nah, just resolve it in abstract" rules.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote