View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: GURPS Middle Ages

I'm not an SJ Games employee, I have no special knowledge here, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would guess the answer is "probably not", at least if you're thinking of a single book that updates everything that was in the original GURPS Middle Ages. Those historical books, much as they were largely cool as heck, haven't really made a reappearance in 4th Edition for a reason - they apparently didn't sell all that well, and in the shrunken RPG market of the 21st Century, I don't think SJ Games feels they can make money off them.

Instead, I'd look at material to appear piecemeal - look at the Hot Spots line for locations and general discussion of history, Locations for more generic places that could fit into a medieval setting, Low-Tech for discussions of medieval technology, Martial Arts for more detailed descriptions of medieval fighting styles, Vehicles for medieval transport, and Who's Who for NPCs of the time period.

Notably, Hot Spots: Constantinople already covers the Byzantine/Eastern Roman Empire during a good chunk of the Middle Ages.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote