View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
Curmudgeon

Default Re: Jumping: Sequence of Maneuvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister
I want to jump as far as possible in combat, but RAW tells me to take two consecutive Concentrate maneuvers before I jump or I get my distance halved, and it also tells me I can double my distance by getting a running start. Which of these is correct, based on Basic Move 5? All rules on b. 352, afaik.

<snip>

So should I accept that A makes sense for reasons? Is there a compelling reason not to implement All-Out Move like this? Is this much easier than I've been thinking it is and I missed something? I'd love to know!
D) None of the above.

Jumping During Combat is very clear, if you don’t take two consecutive Concentrate maneuvers, the distances achieved from the jumping distance formulas [emphasis mine] is halved. The jumping distance formulas include the option of a running start, so the sequence is: Concentrate, Concentrate, Move, Move (Jump). This is almost A) but your resulting broad jump distance is incorrect.

Your standing broad jump distance (assuming Concentration is achieved) is (2 x 5) – 3 = 7’.

Your maximum running broad jump distance is then the lesser of (2 x 10) – 3 = 17’ or 2 x (standing broad jump = 7’) = 14’, limiting your running broad jump to 14’ with two consecutive Concentrate maneuvers.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 10-16-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote