View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #3834
malloyd

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
In the Cthulu skerry, dozens of timelines are twisted into a configuration resembling the works of the original authors of the Cthulu Mythos. Cthulu-1 is a Q7 timeline, but the other timelines do not seem to correspond to Quantum known to either Centrum or Homeline. What is even worse, the entities of Cthulu are capable of paratronic travel through their own techniques (though it requires secret rituals) and their magic functions in areas with or without mana.
In a lot of ways, confining them to a skerry lessens the impact. If I wanted to introduce a note of Lovecraftian cosmic horror to Infinite Worlds I wouldn't include a timeline where those tales were true, that's just another myth parallel. I'd scatter bits of references on multiple timelines - they'd be running an operation opposing the Cabal and suddenly decisively win when all the cabalists on this and two other lines where unrelated operations were in progress were ripped to bits one night by unidentified beasts that came out of the walls, or start encountering places that looked like ordinary parallels, or (provably movable) echoes where there is unaccountable an extra book in the Travels of Mandeville where he visits the plateau of Leng and flees from a byakee, or all biblical references to damnation involved throwing you into the depths of the sea rather than a burning pit and the devil figure wasn't goat headed Satan but octopus headed Chadel. A change they would then start to notice *spreading* with it happening on other timelines they've been too before where it wasn't true, but all the locals now insist the devil had always been Chadel and think you are crazy for thinking the Bible ever said anything else. I'd most likely never have the PCs themselves actually encounter an Elder God.

Last edited by malloyd; 12-07-2018 at 12:48 PM.
malloyd is online now   Reply With Quote