View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #116
Lamech

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Quote:
If/and statments. Choose what your going to do and stick with it. If you post a "if This happens I do this, or If it dosen't I do this," I will ask you to edit it and make up your mind.
This is silly. Suppose I'm an asteroid field for enemy fighters. I might want to say "If I detect enemy fighters, I'll warn the captain, if detect nothing other than asteroids I'll rescan." I've made up my mind. I you ask me to edit it, I'll just delete the if statements. Then if I detect nothing/enemy fighters post " I'll warn the captain" or "I'll rescan". Nothing changes except now we make an extra post each.
Quote:

Players start at 400 CP. Try to make your characters with good advantages that would define your type of player. A Slicer would have lots of advantages that define a hacker as well as the skills back it up. There are no templates so really try to define and chisel out your character.

There is a -50 cp disadvantage limit.

At least 100 Points must be spent in skills. You will be using these skills and will be required to face the out comes of them. While I won't make you use skills to walk and breath, you will need skills to do things like shoot, pilot, slice(star wars hacking), be a doctor, ETC. If fail rolls you fail rolls. The consequences will come and the group need to deal with them.
These restrictions seem... odd. If I spend 200 points in IQ, requiring 100 points spent among skills will just make a Omni-competent hacker, engineer, doctor, mechanic, leader, poet, musician, etc. I could have one area that is extremely good, but at that point we are looking at a skill of 30ish. Which is... weird.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote