View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #29
dwalend

Default Re: Ogre Computer Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
A related element to stacking is Infantry riding on other units. It's going to be an important distinction to make when displaying information (i.e., visibly obvious the INF is on the unit, not next to it).
GP is right. There are lots of niggly visual bits in Ogre that matter a lot that'll impact early design. "Is that GEV on the bridge or under it?" Finding those bits and drilling on them early will pay off.

Any chance you can make the ogres fit in the hexes? it matters a lot when introducing new players to the table top game. The oversized models confuse them. (At least you won't have the problem with lost counters in the hex behind the ogre. That's a bit of a sweet spot for infantry - the ogre has to decide between staying near enough to engage them, or rolling forward and letting them needle it without answering.)

(I found the cycling colors distracting and not rich enough in information. I'd have to stare at it a while to figure out what's there. Something at a glance would be much better. Tufte might provide some inspiration.)
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote