View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:01 PM   #29
Lucian

Default Re: Armor for points, not money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Flyn specified he's using Low Tech, not Basic Set. Very very very different base cost. He also specified "all the bells and whistles", which is a lot of cost modifiers.
Jeez, what happened to earning the items with all the bells and whistles. Maybe, a player shouldn't start the game with the best of everything?

Look the same could be said of anything, a very fine sword stops bring practical when you compare it's cost too it's modified damage, and so no, it wouldn't be worth the point cost. Not in my games when you get only 150 pts.

If my player wanted to trade cp for gear directly, one way or another it's gonna be a similar cost to what the basic set suggests. Roughly 500 $ for a point.

Theirs no way id let a player get the armor from heaven for like 20 points. Any way you cut it, I find that the player is just looking for a loop hole.

One of the core tenets I use in my game is that if their is already an official system in play for something I'm not making a New one.

If my player, who in all respects is a normal human with no magical background and wants to buy an innate attack that's a fire ball, then I say no, and hand him my copy of Gurps magic and say do it this way...

In fact for Sig gear I won't allow any magical items.mundane gear only, except for a power stone.

I will not let a player Sig gear their way to the sword of epic doom

E-mail me if you have questions enniya.questions@gmail.com
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote