View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
ShirraWhitefur

Default Need help with Innate Spells

Well, I'm once again kicking around conversion notes for a project, working on races, power sets, and so on, and I find myself whistling happily and churning away, till I come to the part of using a spell from Magic as an innate power for a person or race. And I set myself to putting it down, vaguely remembering the knack stuff from 3rd edition, stop.. and mutter, "I actually have no idea at all how to do this bit."

And after skimming around and hunting around in the books, I'm still scratching my head.

So, lets take an example that I -won't- be using in the game. Lets say we have a race of silly people who all can cast, as an innate spell, resurrection, cure blindness, seek earth, and fireproof. Gets nice and messily across colleges.
This is in a setting that already will have normal magery and power investiture for 'divine' magics.

Now the final additional quirk in the mix. Only being able to cast the cure blindness spell when asked to by redheads. That should throw an accessibility issue into the mix. If someone can construct that, then I can probably deconstruct it and use it for the big mess of things on my plate. If put together and pointed out with some page references for the various books so I can actually read up on it, that'd be a lot better.. I really don't like having to sit down and harass the forum for aid, but I'm getting this bad feeling I keep reading right past the information.

- Shirra
ShirraWhitefur is offline   Reply With Quote