View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default Re: Playing Gods Campaign idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1982 View Post
Nice, but how do you challenge them later on? What are their goals? What are they fighting for / against?
Well, for outright combat you can always pit them against each other, or against elder horrors, or alien deities from another planet or cosmos, or angels, or demons. If using TPO you'd probably need to give their adversaries Primal as well.

If you go with deities that require worship for their existence and/or their "power level," then (if their psychology is anything like humans') almost inevitably some deities will try to expand the number of their worshipers at the expense of some other deity, and that brings many opportunites for conflict.

For non-combat challenges, they could have all sorts of social and political interactions with each other and with mortals. Or they could be competing or cooperating to build or mold or alter or expand a mortal civilization.

Or perhaps the gods want to explore cosmic or spiritual mysteries that are esoteric even to them. Maybe that's how they increase their power.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote