View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
Pmandrekar
Careful Wisher

Default Re: Need a sourcebook on Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erling View Post
Hello there. I'm gonna run a modern police action game set in a modern day Los Angeles and I would appreciate a handy source of information, something to fill me in on the general outline of the City of Angels.

Wikipedia is nice, but I could use something more adapted to GM's needs. Think Shadowrun Seattle sourcebooks or Cyberpunk 2020 Night City sourcebooks broad collection of data on general areas (which neighbourhoods are decent and which are dangerous), street gangs, customs of shady business, etc.

Data need not be 100% accurate nor up-to-date. My game will be vaguely based on S.W.A.T. TV series, a highly unrealistic beat-em-up cop show with lots of fictional elements.

Clues appreciated. Cheers.
See if you can find (in print or PDF download) a copy of Los Angeles by Night. The Vampire the Masquerade supplements are modern day and although they will have a lot of general information about neighborhoods, etc. Then I might run out and buy a guidebook for LA, as you can start to use the maps, locations, people of LA in a setting.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts"- Daniel P. Moynihan
Pmandrekar is offline   Reply With Quote