View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 07:45 AM   #1
kkc

Default It's me! I got a new printer too!

I got a Elegoo Mars 2 Pro too! I actually got mine a month ago when the sale was initially announced, but I didn't really get time to set it up properly until a couple of days ago.

As I try to find handholds on this steep learning curve, one of the things I've noticed is that the flexibility of the resin printing possibilities means that the user has to do a lot of work. It's not turnkey, and a few of my early failed prints didn't work because I oriented the model wrong on the plate or didn't put in the supports correctly. That's largely a function of the .stl files being only the baseline standard, and all of the different printers use slightly different slicing formats.

I should probably post this question in the Car Wars section of the forum, but is there any chance that the official Carnage project data files will include the Chitubox .ctb files that are supported by the Elegoo devices, with ideal model printing configuration already set up? It'd be nice to just drag, drop, and print single vehicles at will without having to do all the mental gymnastics and geometry.
kkc is offline   Reply With Quote