View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 03:00 AM   #15
RGTraynor

Default Re: Skill Lists And Limits For Teenage Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
So I'm wanting to limit starting skill level out of respect for realism, after all how good are 16 year olds scouted for US high school football?
Mm ... aside from that every college star was once a high school football player, there's a basic paradigm question at stake: are you basing your campaign around exceptional, PC-level talents who happen to be in high school, or are you doing it around average HS students with the expected levels of dead-normal sixteen year olds?

The former isn't out of line. Realistic or no, I can name you numerous athletes who were winning championships at 16 or earlier against adult competition. There've been numerous chess Grandmasters 16 or younger, numerous Oscar nominees at 16 or younger, and we've all seen articles about teenagers elected to local office, getting graduate degrees from major universities, and the like.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote