View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 02:21 AM   #14
Kaslak

Default Re: Skill Lists And Limits For Teenage Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
So I'm wanting to limit starting skill level out of respect for realism, after all how good are 16 year olds scouted for US high school football? There's a good secondary narrative reason to do so, however. Something I realize I should have said earlier is the limit on play time characters will have, this will be a game mainly played in simulators similar to MechWarrior Firestorm ones, for which the characters have to queue for. The arcade probably makes most of it's money from selling food and drink while customers queue, and along with a desire not to see patrons banned isn't really interested in adding more machines. You can play at home, but the further you get from having the three screens and two joysticks of the pods the less useful it is.
I fully agree, I realized only afterwards that it was not a general limit.

However I think you are still free to consider my advice to continue to slow down development, if you want to maintain the premise.
I agree with your approach of proposing diversified challenges to the players, this should keep a good CP dilution

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
Instructors, for e-sports?
As I wrote above, it was mostly an illustrative example, since I didn't know the setting or the TL.

I just assumed that, wherever there is money running, competition and a demanding audience, professional gamers might pop out. Just as a modern day example, Starcraft 2 became quite a thing in South Korea, and just searching on the web you get stuff like that:
https://www.gamersensei.com/games/starcraft-ii-coaching

But ok, apart from motivating the example choice, it really depends on your setting choices.
Kaslak is offline   Reply With Quote