View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #6
Colarmel

Default Re: [House Rules] Extra Effort in Combat - Quick and Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
I agree! i just wanted to see if I could come up with a "quick and easy" way to use the rules that were in DFRPG, rather than porting over from GURPS Basic, or codifying my own variant of them.

Literally I am baffled by the decision not to include them* as an option in DFRPG, they fit the theme and scope of the game perfectly. Hopefully they'll be a "Martial Options" book put out at some point that will contain them (and other things drawn from Basic and Martial Arts and even other places).

* Yes... I can see why Kromm made that decision, but I clearly disagree with it. My Barbarian has a load of Fatigue that is just sitting around in fights not being a useful resource... even his HP is more useful resource for him spend (via taking hits for friends) than his FP will ever be.

I've also toyed with the idea of turning them into 'martial' Power-Ups, 1 a 1 point Advantage maybe.
Something I nearly missed, but will make my dwarf swashbuckler's extra fatigue way more useful, is the exceptional traits on Exploits p.93 Kiai and Power Blow on a swashbuckler are awesome options. Although there's nothing similar on Barbarians in particular. I'm going to push for a 1 point advantage allowing DX to replace will on power blow to be incorporated into our DFRPG options as soon as the GM starts allowing us to copy things from the GURPS DF books.
Colarmel is offline   Reply With Quote