View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Can you stack linked damage against DR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Basically because I wanted the corrosive effect to be cumulative with the cutting/impaling damage, think like a plasma cutter effect.
I can't 'think like a plasma cutter effect', I really have no idea what you think that would be. If you can say what exactly you want the outcome to be maybe we can talk about how to make it happen, but so far it remains unspecified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle View Post
Doesn't follow up do this RAW?

Okay, so only says that if the carrier penetrates, then DR has no effect, but doesn't specify what happens if the carrier effect penetrates halfway. I don't think it's unreasonable to read it the way you want, though. At most, I'd apply an extra 20% enhancement and call it a day.
No, that's not how rules work. If the rule specifies exceptional handling for one case but not for others, that doesn't mean that you should have it do some arbitrary thing you made up in all the other cases, it means that in the other cases it follows the regular rule. In the event that the carrier attack hits but does not penetrate, the follow-up also hits but interacts with the target's DR normally.