View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #40
Stormcrow

Default Re: Do you have any special rules/restrictions to regulate character advancement paci

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
However, that's not because I DEFINE a campaign as "a series of adventures that take place in a particular world," as Stormcrow seems to think.
No, I have no problem with how you define it or do it. I'm saying that when one person is using the word one way (AlexanderHowl), and another challenges him because of a misunderstanding of definition (sir_pudding), we should clear up the confusion by deciding which definition we're talking about.

AlexanderHowl said he gives 5-point bonuses at the end of a campaign. sir_pudding challenges this, on the assumption that the end of a campaign is the end of ever playing with those characters or that setting again, so what's the point of giving anyone points? AlexanderHowl says he defines campaign in the single-objective way. If you're going to be discussing regulation of character advancement and bonus points at the end of a campaign, you need to agree on which "campaign" you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding
"Players want to play in the Viking world again."
By which I mean "GM says he's got another idea for a new Viking campaign, and the players say yeah, we want to do that," not "Players ask GM for another Viking campaign."
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote