View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Do you have any special rules/restrictions to regulate character advancement paci

I have come around to thinking that CP awards should be limited to 1 CP per session, plus 2 CP at the end of each adventure, plus 5 CP at the end of each campaign. In order to limit the impact of slow CP progression, I think that PCs should gain monetary rewards (or suffer monetary punishments) from their actions and gain social rewards (or suffer social punishments) from their NPC interactions (gaining or losing Allies, Contacts, Enemies, Patrons, Reputation, Status, Wealth, etc from their NPC interactions, adjusting CP total as normal). I also think that PCs should gain 5 CP per game year for skill development, representing the time spent on hobbies, jobs, socialization, etc, and that every point invested in skills should give a technique point that can be used to improve techniques (rather than allowing players to spend CP to improve techniques). I think that applying those changes allow for a smoother progression that would keep PCs from progressing too quickly.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote