Thread: Halfling Wizard
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #5
tbone

Default Re: Halfling Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
. . . blowgun halflings in the jungle with the poison frogs
Jungle halflings vs jungle horde pygmies. Now that'd be on my short (!) list of things worth seeing. (The horde pygmies would have to overwhelm with numbers, though; halflings are smarter and tougher.)

On the main topic: The explanation for why Halfling Marksmanship doesn't cover Innate Attack sounds fine. (And I like the suggestion to expand the trait to all ranged weapons for 10/level.)

But it would be fun if there were the option of actually throwing, not directing, Missile spells. Wizards who already know Throwing wouldn't have to learn Innate Attack (Projectile), and halflings could enjoy their bonus. There'd be drawbacks, though: range would limited by ST (not a good thing for halflings!), and I'd think the thrown missile would be subject to Parry, like any small thrown weapon.

Other details would probably need to be hammered out as well, so it's only a thought. Mainly, I just like the image of wizards actually throwing missiles like rocks or grenades!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote