View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #85
Skarg

Default Re: New use for XP - Heroic Exploits

This version limits the revival part, which I think is probably good except for GMs who want some no-consequence death available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
Here's a possible revision to the Restoration power...

Tier 5 - Restoration (2500 XP):
Once per month, the character can use this Power to restore any creature back to full health. Like the Revival spell, it cures all minor wounds, diseases, and poisons, but unlike Revival, the creature cannot actually be dead… unconscious and dying, yes, but not completely dead (at the GM’s discretion, they might also establish an effective window when the Power can be used. Something like “before the last light of the setting sun disappears into the night”).
However this last change:
Quote:
This Power can also be used to reverse the effects of magical aging and the corruption that results from exposure to necromantic forces.
Does not explain exactly what it means. Again I would compare to the usual means of doing this in TFT (e.g. Youth potion, $40,000, 20 weeks, 4 dragon hearts, lots of risk, probably a losing proposition to try to get much or any of this), and think about how the very wealthy, powerful, immoral and narcissistic people of the world are liable to relate to the existence of this ability. i.e. expect nasty wicked people to get the idea to force them to become their property. Also, about the existence of the people who have successfully done that, and may have been amassing power and XP for hundreds of years...
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote