View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #17
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: Seeking Cinematic Social abilities *short of* mind control / reading / supernatur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Primarily traits useful in social interactions, or enabling social interactions where in a less cinematic case one would not be applicable (a radical case being Rapier Wit for silly-effective in-combat insults, or Empathy to allow an Influence roll where one normally wouldn't be even allowed to be attempted).
Well, the only idea I have, relevant there, then, are Always-On switches for Intimidation and Sex Appeal. Which really aren't all that cinematic at all.

I'm contemplating introducing a concept called Insight, that one character can have into another, usually after much time and effort, but with some abilities (such as the equivalent of GURPS' Empathy) it can be gained immediately. The problem is, I don't yet have a good idea of what Insight should do, nor if it should just be binary Insight vs not Insight, or be more fine-grained with Insight vs Major Insight, or be divided into Minor/Normal/Major.

I think much is gained by drastically reducing certain types of penalties in a falvourful and themed way, in general, but I do admit that it's rather boring. It's usually not, in itself, particularly interesting at all.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote