View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #39
TippetsTX

Default Re: Dealing with Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Anyway, I do view the demons in TFT as more demiurges than traditional religious demons. They are beings with reality-shaping powers and their own agenda, as opposed to what I would term devils, which are evil entities opposed to the gods. Both kinds have little patience for mortals, but for different reasons.

I can definitely think of a framework for building one's own demons, including a basic taxonomy and pool of abilities they might draw on. Could be an fun exercise...

I think this could support the approach I want to take for demons as well... namely that they are physical manifestations of anti-life entities from a dimension of negative energy. They can exist on this plane only by possession of another living being which they can reshape as they desire.

One of the core elements of my campaign's meta-plot will be the connection between these 'demonic' beings and the undead (both originating from the same source... the dimensional rift that Cidri was constructed to contain) and their ultimate goal to corrupt and consume all life.