View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #23
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: [House Rules] Damage Multipliers, Hit Location & Damage Types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
No, I mean instantly as in 'the pressure from the explosion contained within a skull has a pretty good chance of making it explode like a watermelon dropped from a 100 story building'. An everyday firecracker has enough explosives in it to make a tin can go flying a few dozen feet into the air. As an explosive, it does miniscule damage - way less than 1d-5 by the calculations given in the Basic Set, and that's assuming it uses Black Powder when they actually use Flash Powder, which as far as I can tell is even less dangerous.
Support for this head-splattering claim? Analogy between tin can flying into the air and a skull being reduced to an expanding cloud is extremely non-obvious.

Also, I infer from your statements that you consider x12 grossly inadequate, and want something more like x60, or a no-roll death rule? Since x12 is pretty much never going to give you the head-disintegrating effects from less than one point of damage that you want.